cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC11u68 not getting listed as an HID device

sivakumar_s_k_k
Contributor II

Hi All,

I am using an LPC11U68 Xpresso v2 RevC board for my generic HID implementation. I took the sample codes in the below link as reference for my implementation. 

USB hid generic example inreport and outreport callbacks 

Now the USBlyzer and USB descriptor Dumper can both enumerate the device properly. At this point I expect the device to be seen under the "Human Interface Devices" in the windows device manager but what I see is an "LPC based USB device" in the LpcDevice.

Did I miss out something?

I have attached the dump from the USBlyzer. Please have a look and let me know if I have done something wrong.

Thanks in advance

Original Attachment has been moved to: USb_Decriptors.txt.zip

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Siva Kumar,

Thanks for your reply, however some errors arise when I compile the demo.

And I find that the AN11232 application illustrate how to create a USB composite device base on USB software driver, however the demo is based on ROM USB driver.

So I'd highly recommend if you can customize supposed demo by modifying usbd_rom_composite demo, I think it's easy way to work it out.

Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Siva Kumar,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.

I've ran the usbd_rom_hid_generic demo which is from the lpcopen_2_12_lpcxpresso_nxp_lpcxpresso_11u68, it can be illustrated under the Human Interface Devices, and it also be found under the Devices and Printers.

So I've attached the descriptor set, you can refer to it for details.

2017-02-17_10-11-01.jpg

Fig 1

2017-02-17_10-12-09.jpg

Fig 2

Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

sivakumar_s_k_k
Contributor II

Hi Ping,

Thanks for the help.

The issue which I reported was a firmware bug. After fixing that issue I created a composite device with the HID + DFU interface. The device is getting enumerated properly but when I use the dfu-util to scan for any DFU device its giving me this error.

Cannot open DFU device 1fcX:6xxb

Isn't the dfu-util not supposed to work with a composite device? I tried the "Device firmware upgrade application" from the AN11232 but even thats not able to list this device. The device drivers were not seemed to be installed so I tried to install the drivers from the AN11232 package which failed to install for the DFU device. The error message was "The hash of the file is not present in the specified catalog".

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Siva

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Siva Kumar,

Thanks for your reply, and I was wondering if you can share the demo, then I can run the the demo on the LPCXpresso11U68 board to replicate the issue.

I'm looking forward to your reply.
Have a great day,
Ping

0 Kudos

sivakumar_s_k_k
Contributor II

Hi Ping,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I have attached the latest demo source which I am working on. I have took a peripheral example code and modified it as per my requirement. Kindly go through and let me know in case if you need any further information.

Thanks,

Siva

0 Kudos