cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC11U68 USB MSC+CDC device configuration

gllake
Contributor I

Hello,

I am having trouble porting a working USB composite device application from the LPC54114 to the LPC11U68.

Problem Background:

In this application, the device is either enumerated as CDC only, or a composite CDC + MSC device. The problem occurs in enumerating as a composite device.

• Testing with a host machine running Windows 10
  • Using the LPC Open ROM API V3.03
  • a COM port device and Mass Storage device both appear in device manager upon enumerating the composite device, however, I cannot connect to the Vcom port in any serial terminal, and after a minute or so, Windows declares the device unrecognizable
  • Using a debug probe, I can see the MCU enters the hard fault handler after USB initialization, and before entering any CDC or MSC callbacks.

Debugging steps:

• I am familiar with the USBD ROM examples and have tried different PIDs and endpoint addresses according to the examples and also AN11232.
  • implemented ROM driver bug workarounds: (MSC) artf45032, (CDC) artf44835. artf32219, artf32289. --see usb_init.c
  • checked the USB0 controller ERROR register from the hard fault handler. (reports no error)
  • I know from debugging that the hardfault occurs after the usb initialization function runs and before any interface callbacks are invoked.

I'd like to confirm that the device descriptor file and implementation of the ROM driver bug workarounds are both correct. Further debugging steps would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Gabriel

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Which device descriptor file are you referring to? If this is included in a NXP SW package, please let me know the package link name. I will check.

0 Kudos

gllake
Contributor I

See attached descriptor file. It is based on descriptor files from the LPC Open SW.

This is the download link:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=lpcopen_3_03_lpcxpresso_lpcxpresso_11e68

from this page:

https://www.nxp.com/design/microcontrollers-developer-resources/lpcopen-libraries-and-examples/lpcop...

thanks,

Gabriel

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI gllake 

I checked, there's no known issue of this package descriptor file.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

gllake
Contributor I

Great. More specifically to my project, do you see an issue my my descriptor file cdc_desc.c or in the implementation of the ROM driver bug workarounds in usb_init.c: artf32219, artf45032, artf44835, and artf32289.

-Gabriel

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Does your escriptor file cdc_desc.c and usb_init.c are default NXP SW or you revised them?

If NXP default version, please let me knoe the link. I will check.

0 Kudos