cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC11U USB Communications

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kwinchell on Tue Mar 19 15:03:04 MST 2013
Hi,
I am a newbie to USB as well as NXP.  I have two LPC11U demo boards:  LPCXpresso, and Keil MCB11U10.  I am trying to get either of them to speak on the USB port and get enumerated.  I would be thrilled to get a test application to talk to it.

Keil has a demo program that requires their RTOS.  I do not have that, and I prefer to use the NXP example.  I found on this site nxpUSBlib v0.98b.

It looks like I need to create a library before I can compile.  The readme provides instructions for how to do that in the section Keil uVision 4 IDE. 

The problem is, when I try to build the library, it compiles all that it needs, then chokes in the linker with the message error L6002U: Could not open file C:..\..\...\CDL_LPC11Uxx.lib: No such file or directory.

I confirmed that we do, indeed have the directory.  As for that file, I thought we were creating that.
Does anybody have any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tuong on Wed Mar 20 19:45:32 MST 2013
Hi,

1)For the PDF request, I don't see NXP supports it, but I think you'd like to read offline, so we can go other way by rebuilding doxygen:
      - Install Doxygen builder, Doxywizard.
      - Double click on doxywizard.exe, select toolbar File\Open, then browse to nxpUSBlib v0.98b\doc\Doxygen.conf
      - Switch from tab Wizard to tab Run, then click on Run Doxygen. Wait for the console says finished
      - Click on show_HTML_Output button on the left bottom of tab Run, this opens nxpUSBlib document in HTML form on your default web browser.

2) I have no idea on the source of HIDClient.exe, but I think it is not so difficult to make it by Visual C and you can make it yourself!

With best regards,
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kwinchell on Wed Mar 20 13:34:54 MST 2013
Hi Tuong,
I followed your instructions and it worked for me.  I am not sure what I did wrong the first time.  I suspect I checked off an illegal combination of boxes.

I built the HID application and it runs fine as well.  I even added the function to make the LEDs work on the MCB11U10 board.

I do have some new questions:
1. I found the documentation for the xnpUSBLib v0.98 on line.  Is there a way to download a PDF document?
2. Is the source for the HIDClient.exe available?  Where can I find it?

Thank you

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tuong on Wed Mar 20 03:46:53 MST 2013
Hi,

I've just tried to build AudioInputDevice from nxpUSBlibv0.98b without problem! Please try again:
   - Double click on nxpUSBlib v0.98b\applications\examples\LPCUSBlib\LPCUSBlib_workspace.uvmpw. This opens Keil multi workspace
   - Select the ToolBar Project\Batch Build... this opens Batch Build window
   - Deselect all then select the following projects:
      + BSP\MCB1000
      + CDL\LPC11Uxx
      + LPCUSBlib\LPC11Uxx_Device
      + Your example ex: Example_AudioInputDevice\MCB1000
   - Clock on Build button in Batch Build window to build your example.

With best regards,
0 Kudos