cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Temperature Sensor for LPC832

Jump to solution
aaronm
Contributor III

In the example ADC code for the LPC824MAX evaluation board, the comments refer to an internal temperature sensor on ADC0, channel 1.  I don't see anything specific about it in the documentation for the LPC824, and a google search doesn't really turn up any answers.  Is there an official source for the internal temperature sensor?  And does this same sensor exist on the LPC832 chip?  I could use this to seed the random number generator, if I can confirm it exists and works as expected.  My first pass with the ADC0 conversion on channel 1 on the LPC832 returns 0s, which doesn't seem correct.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I have checked all the UM of LPC8xx, none of them has on-chip temperature senor, so  you can not use the on-chip ADC to measure the junction temperature for LPC8xx.

I have checked the ADC code in SDK package for LPC84x, but it is a bug, it should have  been deleted.

#if !(defined(FSL_FEATURE_ADC_HAS_NO_INSEL) && FSL_FEATURE_ADC_HAS_NO_INSEL)
/* Use the temperature sensor input to channel 0. */
ADC_EnableTemperatureSensor(DEMO_ADC_BASE, true);
#endif /* FSL_FEATURE_ADC_HAS_NO_INSEL. */

For the LPC processor, if it has on-chip temperature senor, it should have the register.

xiangjun_rong_0-1676451956865.png

The LPC8xx does not have the Input Select Register.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

View solution in original post

1 Reply
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I have checked all the UM of LPC8xx, none of them has on-chip temperature senor, so  you can not use the on-chip ADC to measure the junction temperature for LPC8xx.

I have checked the ADC code in SDK package for LPC84x, but it is a bug, it should have  been deleted.

#if !(defined(FSL_FEATURE_ADC_HAS_NO_INSEL) && FSL_FEATURE_ADC_HAS_NO_INSEL)
/* Use the temperature sensor input to channel 0. */
ADC_EnableTemperatureSensor(DEMO_ADC_BASE, true);
#endif /* FSL_FEATURE_ADC_HAS_NO_INSEL. */

For the LPC processor, if it has on-chip temperature senor, it should have the register.

xiangjun_rong_0-1676451956865.png

The LPC8xx does not have the Input Select Register.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong