lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Sun Nov 08 15:01:39 MST 2015
The new LPCXpresso1769 Rev D with CMSIS-DAP debug interface:

http://www.embeddedartists.com/products/lpcxpresso/lpc1769_cmsis_xpr.php

Quote:
has several enhancements:

[color=#f00]The debug side can be removed[/color] in a simpler way than before (snap/break off).

But it has no SWD connector  :quest:  :O  |(  :((

So what are we supposed to do with the 'debug side' after 'removing' it from target board ?

A crib mobile?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Rob65 on Fri Nov 27 00:10:11 MST 2015
I love the new board.
Finally a board where I can just break away the slow debugger that comes with the standard LPCXpresso boards and replace it with the faster LPC-Link2  8-)
And since this new board does have a 10-pin SWD connector on the target side, you can just use the 10-pin cable that comes with the LPC-Link 2 instead of having to solder your own cable.

All in all this is a much nicer solution when you want to use the LPCXpresso 1769 board in a prototype.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LessThanZero on Tue Nov 17 19:39:29 MST 2015

Unless you need the soldering practice, buying an LPC-Link2 is so much less trouble.

LessThanZero
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Thu Nov 12 03:19:25 MST 2015
After separating 'debug side' from my brand-new LPCXpresso1769 Rev.D I'm still indignant about this new version. Other colleagues / companies are also disappointed that this board has no usable debug probe. Throwing away 30% of the board doesn't make sense for us.

Anyway, schematic is showing what is missing: a voltage regulator for the debug side and a debug connector.

And a nice blue LED to brighten this sad story...

[img=648x486]https://www.lpcware.com/system/files/DebugSide.jpg[/img]
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LabRat on Mon Nov 09 05:21:52 MST 2015
[s][/s]
Quote: R2D2
But it has no SWD connector  :quest:  :O  |(  :((

So what are we supposed to do with the 'debug side' after 'removing' it from target board ?

A crib mobile?

We recommend to upgrade the 'debug side' to 'debug side-C' (with connector) with a mobile Upgrade Toolkit  :D

[img=648x486]https://www.lpcware.com/system/files/MoUp_0.jpg[/img]
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by andersrosvall on Mon Nov 09 01:11:03 MST 2015
Hi,
Being able to break off the "debug side" is for integration projects. Once broken off, the debug side cannot be used for anything.
If you need a universal debug solution, then have a look at the LPC-Link2.
Kind Regards,
Anders @ EA
0 Kudos