Has anyone used DFU ROM API on LPC546xx?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone used DFU ROM API on LPC546xx?

Jump to solution
rex_lam
Contributor IV

I have been trying to use the DFU feature in USB ROM API (Chapter 41 of UM10912). I followed the example for MSC and HID ROM to make my files (see attached). After calling USBD_API->hw->Connect(g_hUsb, 1), the device (connected at J3) is not visible to the host. I am using an LPCXpresso54628 board. All of the ROM API calls succeed, as much as I could verify. I have tried everything I could think of but I do not know what I did wrong. I also looked at LPCOpen-keil-lpc43xx/main.c at master · micromint/LPCOpen-keil-lpc43xx · GitHub and the code there looks similar to mine. Any suggestion on what to test or change is greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
rex_lam
Contributor IV

Thank you for the files Carlos. They confirm that my DFU-specific files were configured correctly. The problem was that I did not initialize the pins correctly. Specifically, I had to initialize PIO0_22 (USB VBUS) and PIO4_11 (USB0_IDVALUE). The function BOARD_InitUSB() does this for me. I can now see the device with DFU interface.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rex,

I have sent you an example project using the DFU ROM API on LPC546xx, let me know if it helps.

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

rex_lam
Contributor IV

Thank you for the files Carlos. They confirm that my DFU-specific files were configured correctly. The problem was that I did not initialize the pins correctly. Specifically, I had to initialize PIO0_22 (USB VBUS) and PIO4_11 (USB0_IDVALUE). The function BOARD_InitUSB() does this for me. I can now see the device with DFU interface.

vfperri
Contributor I

Hi carlosmendoza,

I have the same problem that Rex used to have. Could you please send me the example project too?

Thanks!!,

Víctor Perri

0 Kudos