From where can I obtain the demo application for the OM40002 LPC8N04 Development Board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From where can I obtain the demo application for the OM40002 LPC8N04 Development Board?

rich3
Contributor II

I have bought an OM40002 development board for the LPC8N04. The instructions mention an app_demo that includes the pre-installed demonstration firmware. I have searched through the files mentioned in the documentation but I cannot find that file. Please can you point me in the right direction.

5 Replies

rich3
Contributor II

Thank you to all. My mistake. I misunderstood the component. I have order a OM27462CDKP: NFC Controller development kit instead.

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

You can download the demo project from the NXP website: LPC8N04 Development Board for LPC8N04 Microcontroller (MCU)|NXP 

Regards

Sol 

DannyGembom
Contributor I

This is the list of app that exists on the board

Aminadav_0-1674646616609.png

As you can see the is no "demo app" mentioned in the video. I want the same demo app that exist on the board when I bought it.

0 Kudos

rich3
Contributor II

Sol

Thank you. I have already downloaded those files and found that none contains the demo. Additionally, none contains any example of using the chip to read NFC, which is the primary purpose of the chip. Is there another set of demo files somewhere?

Richard

0 Kudos

brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Richard,

The LPC8N04 isnt an NFC reader, it is an MCU with an integrated NTAG interface, so is passive and needs to be read by an NFC reader device. The package you have downloaded does include the demo application; the NFC reader in that case is an Android smart phone. For the NFC reader you can get a shield board that adds on to some LPC boards and the K64F freedom board:

Board:

OM5577 | NFC Development Kits for Arduino and more|NXP 

App note:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11990.pdf