次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Free Software License Compatibility

589件の閲覧回数
lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jeethridge on Sun Sep 20 09:24:15 MST 2015
I've done some digging on the forums but I haven't found a direct answer to this question:

I'm working for a small company making embedded products using some NXP devices.
We have used the LPCOpen platform during product development for some of these devices,
but we would like to provide our source code to our customers under some form of free software license. What are some compatible software licenses under which we might release source code that utilizes libraries containing both modified and unmodified source code from the LPCOpen platform?

The top contenders for us seem to be MIT, Apache 2.0, and GPLv3

Does anyone know where we can get a straight answer from the owners of LPCOpen?
We love the platform / community and don't want to step on anyones toes.
ラベル(1)
0 件の賞賛
1 返信

412件の閲覧回数
lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by NXP_Support on Mon Sep 21 12:45:00 MST 2015
Hi jeethridge,

We are very pleased you like NXP's devices and LPCOpen software!   :)

The NXP SW license for LPCOpen is in the header of each file.  The key points are:

// Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
// documentation is hereby granted, under NXP Semiconductors' and its
// licensor's relevant copyrights in the software, without fee, provided that it
// is used in conjunction with NXP Semiconductors microcontrollers.  This
// copyright, permission, and disclaimer notice must appear in all copies of
// this code.

Note that the restriction to use with only NXP microcontrollers is incompatible with GPL, so the LPCOpen code cannot be mixed with GPL.  MIT, Apache 2.0, and BSD are compatible, but note that the NXP license must be included and imposes the additional restriction of only being used with NXP microcontrollers.

Best regards,
-NXP Support 
0 件の賞賛