Does emwin lpc1788 work without sdram and support NV3035C driver ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does emwin lpc1788 work without sdram and support NV3035C driver ?

atihaj
Contributor I

Hi 

It is my first time I want to work with lpc1788 and lcd(driver is  NV3035C).

Does emwin support this LCD driver?

also can I use emwin for lpc1788 if I don't have external sdram? I just want to show a simple character on LCD for phase1.

Regards

Ati

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ati Haj,

1. Does emwin support this LCD driver (driver is  NV3035C).?

I have checked the Segger emwin Display drivers, but I didn't find your driver.

You also can check it from this website:

Display Drivers | SEGGER - The Embedded Experts 

2. Can I use emwin for lpc1788 if I don't have external sdram? 

Yes, you can use the emwin without the external sdram.

You can refer to the MCB1700 emwin BSP:

https://www.nxp.com/downloads/en/board-support-packages/NXP_emWin514_MCB1700_BSP.zip 

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

atihaj
Contributor I

Hi Kerry

Thanks so much for your help,

Actually NV3035C in the controller on LCD side, lpc1788 has it's own lcd controller. The question is, which controller emwin works with?

I have another question : lcd I am using is 24bit, with TWI interface, with this condition still emwin works for that without sdram?

Regards

Ati

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ati,

1. which controller emwin works with?

Please check the link which I give you before, you can find it from segger website.

Display Drivers | SEGGER - The Embedded Experts 

2.  lcd I am using is 24bit, with TWI interface, with this condition still emwin works for that without sdram?

All the bits and controllers can be found from the above link, please check the according controller on LCD side.

But I didn't find NV3035C in the list.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

atihaj
Contributor I

Thanks Kerry,

You are right , NV3035C is not supported, but what I found is I can use emwin display library for lpc1788 has on-board lcd driver.

The other question I have and couldn't find any answer is : the lcd I am using is 24bit with I2C interface. how can I modify the library to work with the LCD I have?

Regards

Ati

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ati,

If you are using the I2C interface, I think your LCD already have a higher level controller, you can refer to your LCD documents, just send the according command with the I2C bus.

You can find some typical usage and code for your LCD, normally the LCD company will provide the according information. Then you can add it to the LPC project.

Have a great day,
Kerry