cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFUSec utility with SPI flash

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vdelabouere on Tue Oct 28 11:38:39 MST 2014
Hi all,
I have a LPC1820 based board with a Macronix SPI flash (MX25L8006E). I'm trying to load one of my image inside the SPI flash but it always fail (See attached picture)
Is it a problem of the algo selection ?
Does it mean that this SPI flash is not supported ?

Thanks

Vince
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Wed Oct 29 13:27:30 MST 2014
Nice! We probably need to do a better job of documenting and providing the project/code for the DFU algorithm binary, although it sounds like you found it and figured it out.
We are close to releasing a update for this tool that is a bit more organized.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vdelabouere on Wed Oct 29 11:57:16 MST 2014
Hello,
I fixed the problem by adding the support of my SPI flash inside the dfu algorithm.

Thx
Vince
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vdelabouere on Tue Oct 28 15:05:45 MST 2014
Ok it seems it doesn't find the flash.

Do you know if the algorithm supports SPI flash that doesn't support quad mode ?
My SPI flash is a Dual mode one as I need the other two pins for my application.

Thanks.

Vince
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Tue Oct 28 12:42:25 MST 2014

>Does it mean that this SPI flash is not supported ?
It might not be supported - select the "Program log" tab on the right half of the window and it should have more info from the programming algorithm,
If the program log is really large, select "save logs" from the file menu and paste them here.
0 Kudos