cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash after reset

RodrigoEngComp
Contributor I

Hey,

I'm using an LPC54018 (OM40003) tied mainly to a project with FREERTOS, so I'm noticing a crash or freeze after I restart the system by resetting the board, what could it be?

when this happens, I can't perform new resets and the screen goes completely white, returning to normal when I fully de-energize the board and re-energize.

thank you for your help,

Best regards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

First we need to identify the problem on HW or SW side. 

Please use a SDK demo code to test, for example led blinky demo. download the demo, reset the board, does it crash?

Have a nice day

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

RodrigoEngComp
Contributor I

Hi,

Yes, I see the problem, this unexpected crash after reset, in this example and several others,

Have a nice day,

Rodrigo Almeida.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Rodrigo Almeida

This part uses SPIFI flash, can you please verify if the program is loaded after reset?

In order to verify it, try to toggle a LED at the beginning of the application. load the code, can the led be toggled after reset?

attach MCU during the code running, check the code RAM, is the same code there after reset?

ZhangJennie_0-1633766861743.png

Have a nice day

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

RodrigoEngComp
Contributor I

Hey,

When I analyze the alternator of a led during reboot it operates normally, but when the system freezes, the led does not light up as it should.

When I operate on Attach, the moment the system freezes, the IDE gives me the following diagnostics:

Break at address "0x3000e74" with no debug information available, or outside of program code.

Regards,

Rodrigo Almeida.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Your board is nxp demo board. I check OM40003 reset part design, there is no design error. So there should not have problem if board is not corrupt.

On my side, no problem after reset board.

Under SDK, there is hello_world_qspi_xip demo code. Could you please test if this demo can work after reset. If still failed, please use scope measure reset pin and spifi data pin during reset if signals on those pins work normal.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI

Could you please explain "When I analyze the alternator of a led during reboot it operates normally, but when the system freezes, the led does not light up as it should."? 

Does it mean led still blinks after reboot but after some time the MCU crash? how long the MCU crash after the reboot.

the board still works if repower the board , but only has this problem if press on board reset button?

0 Kudos

RodrigoEngComp
Contributor I

Hi,

1. "Does it mean led still blinks after reboot but after some time the MCU crash? how long the MCU crash after the reboot."

R: No, the led and MCU stop at the exact moment after reboot

2. "he board still works if repower the board , but only has this problem if press on board reset button?"

R: Yes, the board goes back to working normally when I take it out and put it on at full power. And the problem appears when using the reset button on the board and when using multiple Watchdog resets.

Remembering that, I performed the same tests with more than one board, and both showed the same problem.

0 Kudos