cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casper ECDSA Implementation w/o mbedTLS

jpm57
Contributor I

Hi,

I want to perform P-256 ECDSA sign/verify operations the LPC55S28 using the CASPER accelerator, but I have only found examples using the mbedTLS library.  I don't need most of the mbedTLS functions, and I can't include all of its dependencies for this project.  I have been able to perform ECDH operations using the CASPER driver, but some of the math functions required for ECDSA are not included in the CASPER examples.

Can anyone provide an example of using the CASPER driver to perform ECDSA sign/verify operations (without mbedTLS)?

Thanks,

Josh

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

As you know that the casper example in SDK package only demos the basic ECC calculation:

(Xresult,Yresult)=scaler*(X,Y);

The example dose not provide the ECC signature and verification example.

You have to refer to mbedtls example, which marks "

CASPER HW accelerated"

it means that the casper is involved to compute.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

jpm57
Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you for the response.  I am looking for an ECDSA example that doesn't use the mbedTLS library.  I understand that not all the math functions are hardware accelerated, but it would be very helpful to have example code for implementing ECDSA sign/verify without the overhead of the mbedTLS library.

Thanks,

Josh

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I have asked AE engineer form the ECDSA implementation on LPC55xx, calling the api function in the mbedTLS library is the only way.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos