cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMOS camera interface LPC55(S)XX

muhammadsalmank
Contributor I

Hi 

For our customer we are designing an image sensor with LTE-M/LPWAN integration. The camera needs to take still picture (320x2xx to 640x4xx pixels). As the solution need to be low cost we are looking into different solutions.

This document shows https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12868.pdf the integration of OV7673 with LPC55(S)XX via DVP interface but I am not able to find this library anywhere. Also I don't actually need to stream a video, only need to take single picture with no movement within the FOV. 

If anyone has better options for a microcontroller (taking into account cost, complexity etc, open to DVP, MIPI-CSI or simple SPI) please let me know.

If anybody could help me make better decisions it would be highly appreciated. 

Regards

Salman

0 Kudos
5 Replies

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Salman,

You can find related software in this link: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note-software/AN12868SW.zip

Hope it helps!

Have a great day,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored. Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

0 Kudos

muhammadsalmank
Contributor I

Hi @FelipeGarcia 

Thanks for the response. We need to take still pictures and from the API it looks like that wasn't the intention of this library. Is there an extended version of this library or API ? We are designing a low power device and it will be very handy to have more control over the camera output. For example I cannot find a Camera_Stop() function in the API.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Salman

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Salman,

Unfortunately, there is no extended version of this library. The API is described in application note. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

muhammadsalmank
Contributor I

Hi Felipe 

Is it possible to get the source code so I can make the required additions myself ?

Regards

Salman

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Salman,

I am afraid source code is not available in our public website.

Regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos