89LPC935 Can't program

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

89LPC935 Can't program

dave1
Contributor I

I am unable to find NXP 89LPC935FA chips I can program with a Keil MCB900 and FlashMagic.
The usual suppliers all say the chip is obsolete, no stock.
I found some from China but am unable to get the ISP code to respond in order to program them.
I can get ISP code to respond on older chips, so I know the serial port, MCB900 and setup are correct.
I suspect they have copied the chip but haven't loaded the ISP code.
I find reference to "parallel programming" but can't find any programmers that verifiably program this chip in parallel.
I only need like 35 of these chips to complete this project but I can't program these Chinese chips and there is no US source!
Anybody know where I can get  some chips with ISP code or where I can get a programmer to program them in parallel?
Please advise!
Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please chec the following application note,

http://www.flashmagictool.com/assets/resources/89LPC932AppNote.pdf 

This application note describes how to use Flash Magic with the different versions of the 89LPC932. It describes each version’s ISP abilities and limitations along with how to configure the Keil MCB900 board for use with Flash Magic. Also included is information on using the command line version of Flash Magic.

I hope this helps,

Have a great day,
Sol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dave1
Contributor I

Hi Sol! Thanks for your reply.

The last letter on the 89LPC935FA chips that I got through Mouser in the past and the ones I got from China is B, which the link you sent me says is "Engineering sample, should not be used."  

I think the Chinese chips were never programmed with ISP code.

Can you tell me what parallel programmer I could use to load the ISP code into these chips?
Or alternatively where I could get 35 of these that have ISP code on them.

I'm in a bad situation where everything for this project is complete but I can't find processors to load our code!

Thanks!
Dave

0 Kudos

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Parallel programming tools for LPC900:

PDS900 from Acquara Systems - Link to acquara.com is dead - Look on Google for "PDS900"

EPM900:  https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=epm900+keil 

Do it yourself - look into the attachments. (Don't know which of the attachments fits best)

Regards

Bernhard.

0 Kudos