cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Hello World" baud rate

Jump to solution
therealfreegeek
Contributor IV

I noticed when I first tried out a few of the KSDK examples that the terminal emulator running on the host PC had to have the correct baud rate set up to match the FRDM board, despite communicating over USB. I was surprised by this and thought that the terminal emulator baud rate would have been irrelevant.

Can anyone explain why this is the case?  I am using the Segger J-Link Firmware for OpenSDA on the FRDMK64.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Regarding the baudrate of virtual COM with USB, based on protocol of the USB virtual COM class, the virtual COM has "control interface" and "data interfcae", when you change the baudrate in  the tools such as hyperterminal run in host side, the host will send the new baudrate to device via "control interface" of USB, this is a dynamic process.

Hope it can help you.

BR

Xiangjun Rong

View solution in original post

1 Reply
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Regarding the baudrate of virtual COM with USB, based on protocol of the USB virtual COM class, the virtual COM has "control interface" and "data interfcae", when you change the baudrate in  the tools such as hyperterminal run in host side, the host will send the new baudrate to device via "control interface" of USB, this is a dynamic process.

Hope it can help you.

BR

Xiangjun Rong