includes for new HAL project not all there?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

includes for new HAL project not all there?

johnbaker
Contributor IV

When I create a new project in KDS I am not getting all of the include file paths that I need, especially the ones in subfolders named 'common'.  For example: "fsl_dspi_common.h" is in "C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.0.0\platform\drivers\dspi\common".  When I look at the 'subdir.mk' file in each of these folders it appears to be correct:

DSPI_DRIVER_DIR := $(SDK_ROOT)/platform/drivers/dspi

SOURCES += $(wildcard $(DSPI_DRIVER_DIR)/common/*.c) \

$(wildcard $(DSPI_DRIVER_DIR)/dspi_master/src/*.c) \

$(wildcard $(DSPI_DRIVER_DIR)/dspi_slave/src/*.c)

INCLUDES += $(DSPI_DRIVER_DIR)/common \

$(DSPI_DRIVER_DIR)/dspi_master \

$(DSPI_DRIVER_DIR)/dspi_slave

John Baker

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

johnbaker
Contributor IV

Let me rephrase that.  They are there but the default code does not see them unless I  place a "common/" in front of it:

#include "fsl_dspi_common.h"               <-- Does NOT work

#include "common/fsl_dspi_common.h"     <-- DOES work

John

0 Kudos

johnbaker
Contributor IV

#include "../system/interrupt/fsl_interrupt_manager.h"

I could not get "fsl_interrupt_manager.h" to work unless I typed it in as above.

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello John:

I am sorry for the time without responses.

Regarding your issues, if you want to avoid "extending" the includes like that, you need to add the necessary paths to your KDS project. For this go to Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Cross ARM C Compiler -> Includes.

I am not sure if the next KSDK plugins will help adding those paths to the common folders automatically when creating a project. Right now you have to add them manually.

Attached you can find a guide to create a KSDK project. This guide was developed by my colleague Carlos Musich.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos