cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI slave transfer using KSDK 2.0

javierhernande1
Contributor IV

Hi!,

I'm trying to send the value of eCompass via SPI from the FRDM-K64F. Based on the KSDK 2.0 examples I have made this KSDK 2.0 project.

SIMPLY_ROVER/main.c at master · spock540/SIMPLY_ROVER · GitHub

I have been reading each line and typing in the new project to try to understand the code and go learning C. My knowledge of C and Sensor Fusion are very poor.

I wanted to test the code but I encounter my first problem, when the code is executed not print anything on the console (in minicom). It's as if all calls to print() are omitted. I have tried in another KDSK 2.0 project and works well.

What is the reason for this?  I also appreciate your suggestion about the code for transfering data in slave mode.

I tried using this API, Kinetis SDK 2.0 API Reference Manual: SPI Driver

but I found the fsl_spi.h file in the directory. Only fsl_dspi.h

Greetings

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

javierhernande1
Contributor IV

I was reading this and I tried  with -specs=rdimon.specs  but not works to me.

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2015/05/27/semihosting-for-kinetis-design-studio-v3-0-0-and-gnu-arm-embedde...

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Javier,

I think that the following post created by our colleague Erich Styger might be helpful for you, it explains how to enable semihosting with KSDK 2.x:

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2016/04/09/semihosting-with-eclipse-and-the-nxp-kinetis-sdk-v2-0/

Regarding the SPI slave example, you can use one of the DSPI example projects that comes with KSDK:

pastedImage_2.png

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos