MIMXRT1060/1064 HOST CDC SDK Example not working with FTDI Device

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT1060/1064 HOST CDC SDK Example not working with FTDI Device

Avillalba
Contributor II

Hello, I am using the above eval board with the TTL-232RG FTDI device and I downloaded the evkmimxrt1064_host_cdc_freertos example project from the SDK_2_14_0_EVK-MIMXRT1064. I was having issues at first because the example would simply state the device was not supported but then I read online that the device does not implement the standard CDC class so I used USBView and changed the values within USB_host_cdc to 0xFFU in order to match the USBView. Doing this allowed the example to run passed the device not supported prompt and returns the following: 

device cdc attached:

pid=0x6001vid=0x403 address=1

cdc device attached

Error in USB_HostCdcInterruptRecv: 0

data transfer error = 0 , status

I do get device detached prompts when I remove and the above prompt will pop up again on reattach. Ive tried commenting out this prompt to see if the device would continue running however it then throws an assertion error. Is there anything more I need to do to get this example working? P.s. I have to use an FTDI device to implement this as our custom board will utilize an FTDI chip to convert to serial communication.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Avillalba ,

The host cdc demo should work with the device cdc demo together as shown below. The device cdc demo can echo back any received data.

1. The host CDC receives data from the UART, which is plugged in the PC. Type characters in the terminal tool, such
as Tera Term, and the characters are sent to the host example.
2. After the host example receives data from the UART, it sends the data to the device virtual COM.
3. After the data has been sent to the device virtual COM successfully, it receives the same data from the device virtual
COM.
4. If the host has received the data, it sends data to the UART using the UART driver API. The UART echoes back
data to the PC.

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Avillalba
Contributor II

@Kan_Li do you know if the CDC example will work with VENDOR class devices since FTDI devices return 0xFF for their binterface descriptors? I have been able to get this example working with a secondary 1064 EVK and see that it is functioning correctly but not with my FTDI device.

0 Kudos