Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: unable to open CMSIS-DAP device

Jump to solution
fcamps
Contributor I

Hello,

This is an error with KDS 3.2 (with SDK2.0) on Ubuntu 15.04.4 LTS when i start a debug session:

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.8.0-dev (2015-01-09-16:23)

Licensed under GNU GPL v2

For bug reports, read

http://openocd.sourceforge.net/doc/doxygen/bugs.html

Info : only one transport option; autoselect 'cmsis-dap'

Error: unable to open CMSIS-DAP device

Error: unable to init CMSIS-DAP driver

Error: Error selecting 'cmsis-dap' as transport

Runtime Error: /home/fcamps/dev/kds/kinetis-design-studio_3.2.0-1_amd64/opt/Freescale/KDS_v3/eclipse/../openocd/bin/..//scripts/kinetis.cfg:3:

in procedure 'script'

at file "embedded:startup.tcl", line 58

in procedure 'interface' called at file "/home/fcamps/dev/kds/kinetis-design-studio_3.2.0-1_amd64/opt/Freescale/KDS_v3/eclipse/../openocd/bin/..//scripts/kinetis.cfg", line 3

My debug session seems well configured.

Many thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
fcamps
Contributor I

I found solution. It must first update KDS , a version of openocd be installed. Then in the directory Kinetis -design- studio_3.2.0-1_amd64 / opt / Freescale / KDS_v3 / openocd / bin , change the rights of the setuid binary openocd : the file must have the following rights -rwsr -xr- x 1 root root 2816662 openocd then test again with the -f command ./openocd ../scripts/kinetis.cfg ../scripts/target/k64.cfg -f ( for K64 processor ) .

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
fcamps
Contributor I

I found solution. It must first update KDS , a version of openocd be installed. Then in the directory Kinetis -design- studio_3.2.0-1_amd64 / opt / Freescale / KDS_v3 / openocd / bin , change the rights of the setuid binary openocd : the file must have the following rights -rwsr -xr- x 1 root root 2816662 openocd then test again with the -f command ./openocd ../scripts/kinetis.cfg ../scripts/target/k64.cfg -f ( for K64 processor ) .

0 Kudos