cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting TWR-KV46F150M with KMS

Jump to solution
abdullahmamun
Contributor II

Wondering if anyone has used TWR-KV46F150M with KMS I am having the following message.

" An issue has prevented communication with target MCU: The ping message was not acknowledged. Please check physical connection to MCU, then navigate to Project menu to configure communication port."

Labels (1)
1 Solution
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The TWR-KV46F150M was only recently added to the Kinetis Motor Suite MCUs. 

The only boards that have been updated to work with KMS are the boards purchased from NXP.com after January 2018.

The HVP-KV46 purchased before April of 2018 also does not have the KMS library.

At this point NXP does not have an ordererable KMS part number for the KV46 yet.  The goal is to have these available as soon as Q3 of 2018.

Best Regards,

Philip

View solution in original post

3 Replies
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The TWR-KV46F150M was only recently added to the Kinetis Motor Suite MCUs. 

The only boards that have been updated to work with KMS are the boards purchased from NXP.com after January 2018.

The HVP-KV46 purchased before April of 2018 also does not have the KMS library.

At this point NXP does not have an ordererable KMS part number for the KV46 yet.  The goal is to have these available as soon as Q3 of 2018.

Best Regards,

Philip

abdullahmamun
Contributor II

Hi Philip

Thanks for your reply. Correct me if I am wrong, if I buy a KMS enabled board from NXP.COM and then start the application development with KMS snd mcuxpresso and in the final product if I dont need to use KMS anymore I don't need the KMS enabled chip any more.

Thanks

Abdullah

0 Kudos
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Correct. If you decide during your development that you can use your own motor control firmware and not KMS then you do not need to buy the KMS enabled MCU. 

Also, since the KV1x, KV3x, and KV4x MCUs offer pin compatible packages it is possible to switch between MCUs depending on the dynamic range requirements of you system.  

If you want to use KMS in your product in the future then you would change your BOM to include the KMS part you need. 

0 Kudos