Which Kinetics MCUs come with ROM Bootloaders?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Kinetics MCUs come with ROM Bootloaders?

sgupta
Contributor I

Hi,

1. Is there a list of Kinetics MCUs that come with Factory programmed bootloader in ROM?
  2. How about example AN that demonstrate the use of Bootloader to download code?

Thanks,

Sudhir Gupta

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Sudhir Gupta:

In the next KBOOT product page link you can find the list of devices supporting ROM bootloader:

Kinetis Bootloader|Freescale

There are 3 columns:

Flash-resident bootloader: Bootloader source code for Kinetis MCUs that do not have a pre-programmed bootloader.

Flashloader: Kinetis MCUs that have a pre-programmed bootloader for only one use.

ROM bootloader: Devices with a dedicated ROM memory programed in factory with a bootloader.

And in the same page under "Documentation" tab you will find the Reference Manuals and User Guides.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sgupta
Contributor I

Thank you Jorge. I have been mulling over the list and I am surprised that ROM bootloder is available only in the newer low power devices.

Sudhir Gupta

0 Kudos