cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB_device (CDC) project for Kinetis K40 tower board

ttu
Contributor I

Hi,

There is an USB_device project example for K40 development kit, which is included in the KINETIS512_SC folder

Has anybody tried and used the the example successfully? 

I can't get it to work since the enumeration process doesn't get finished and eventually issues the message "USB Device Not Recognized"

Thank you for any help you can provide.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Make sure you point it to the driver located in the project directory: \kinetis-sc\src\projects\USB_device

Also look at the readme.txt to make sure the TWR-SER is setup properly. I was able to confirm it working on my TWR-K40

-amh

0 Kudos

egoodii
Senior Contributor III

I am personally having trouble in this realm under MQX and going thru Hubs -- it doesn't appear that MQX cycles thru all the ports, just the first 'active'.

Also, note that the CDC examples ONLY work with 'standard' protocol-type devices (2) -- anything that returns 'vendor specific' will be ignored.

0 Kudos

gustavod
Contributor III

Hi everyone,

If you would like to try, we have an USB CDC working demo for KwikStik kit, which is a K40 development kit.

The link to download is:

http://brtos.googlecode.com/files/BRTOS%201.6x%20K40%20-%20SD%20%2B%20Wave.rar

This demo has SD card access with FAT16/32 file system and a terminal trough USB CDC class.

Best regards,

Gustavo

0 Kudos

Dekiru
Contributor IV

You should better to use MQX if RTOS is needed, otherwise use USB Bare metal stack at http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MEDICALUSB

Don't use the Kinetis_sc code, it is for validation purpose only. It is not well written.

0 Kudos

emh203
Contributor II

I have had the same problem with no resolution.

The NXP parts are much easier to get working!

0 Kudos