TWR-K60F120M system for Ethernet communication

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-K60F120M system for Ethernet communication

cramful
Contributor I

Hi, I have just purchased a TWR-K60F120M   TWR-SER system.  My main goal is to implement Ethernet communication.  Which software tool is most adapted for what I want to achieve?

The Freescale website seems to have so many options and it is kind of overwhelming for somebody like me who wants to get into C programming.  My background is FPGA design.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chundra,

I would recommend using MQX to get up and going very quickly. It includes a fully feature Ethernet stack with all source code included, and has projects specific for the TWR-K60F120M. You can download it from here: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MQX

Make sure to read the following documents:

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\doc\MQX_Getting_Started.pdf (and make sure to read section 9.13 for jumper configurations for the TWR-K60F120M and TWR-SER)

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\doc\MQX_Release_Notes.pdf

And then based on the IDE you want to use (I'd suggest Kinetis Design Studio to get started with if you don't already have one picked out) read the appropriate documentation in C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\doc\tools. It'll have instructions for compiling the MQX libraries.

You can find several example Ethernet programs in C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\rtcs\examples

Finally you may also want to look at the TWR-K60F120M Quick Start Demo package. It was built for an older version of MQX so the project/instructions are slightly outdated, but the instructions included in the package still have useful information for updating OSJTAG and other board information: http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/software/app_software/code_examples/TWR-K60F120M_QSD.zip

-Anthony

cramful
Contributor I

Anthony, please forget my previous post regarding the error...  I rebooted and tried again and things seems to work now.

0 Kudos

cramful
Contributor I

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.  I just received the hardware and finished installing MQX.

I am getting this error when trying to install the demo software from the Freescale website.

Any idea what could be doing this?

Chundra

======

0 Kudos