cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible migration to MCUXpresso

Jump to solution
MWMinor
Contributor V

I am current user of Codewarrior (V10.6) with MQX V4.2 based applications running on a number of K60-based custom boards we have developed.

We are looking to a possible move to K53-based solutions - as these parts seem more available.

Should we also be considering a move to MCUXpresso as the development suite of choice or can we continue using codewarrior for migrating the software to the K53 MCU...?

Also, It looks like there are a number of SDKs available. I'm not sure how these fit into the development environment...Could someone offer some direction..?

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Yeah you must change some pins configurations, base addresses from modules are in most cases the same, compare with the documentation of the boards.

Miguel.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MWMinor 

I'm Miguel and I will give support to your case.

You will not have any problem if you migrate from de K60 to the K53. If your applications need CodeWarrior, this IDE supports both boards.

However, I highly recommend you to update your workspace to MCUXpresso since you will have a newer alternative to MQX with FreeRTOS, more information and long term support with this newer IDE.

Best Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos
MWMinor
Contributor V

Hi Miguel

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

I have started the process of migrating one of our K60 projects to a K53-based solution but downloading the MCUexpresso IDE. We have also purchased a TWR-K53N512 development board. When I tried to use the MXUexpresso SDK builder, I could not find the TWR-K53N512 in the list of boards.

How do I build the SDK for the TWR-K53N512 board....?

Thanks

Ken

0 Kudos
Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MWMinor 

Thank you for replying, you can find the SDK builder for MCUXpresso on this link, click on Search for Hardware and type the board and follow the download sequence.

Best Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos
MWMinor
Contributor V

Hi Miguel

The board we have is a TWR-K53N512.

It doesn't appear in the list,

Is there any examples or similar anywhere else...?

Thanks

Ken

0 Kudos
Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MWMinor 

Look for it like MK53DN512 instead of TWR-K53N512.

You will find examples in this SDK.

Miguel.

0 Kudos
MWMinor
Contributor V

Hi Miguel

When I searched for the MK53DN512, the system found the TWR-K60D100M board which is slightly confusing.

Can I use this board as an alternative...? ie to get the examples..??

Or am I searching in the wrong place...?

Regards

MWM

0 Kudos
Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MWMinor 

Look for it on Processors - Kinetis - K5x and MK53DN512.

Let me know if you can find it.

Miguel.

0 Kudos
MWMinor
Contributor V

Hi Miguel

I can find the processor, but there do not appear to be any examples I can link to it....

MWM

0 Kudos
Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MWMinor 

After you dowload the SDK, you will find the examples in the compressed file, these are the same examples as de K60. The location of the examples is SDK_2_2_0_MK53DN512xxx10\boards\twrk60d100m

Let me know if you find them.

Miguel.

0 Kudos
MWMinor
Contributor V

Hi Miguel

I found the example programmes for the TER-K60 board within the K53 SDK - but when I tried to run them, they do not all work. For example the RTC test and benchmark tests run ok - I am ssuming this is because the core of the processors is the same - but tests like the GPIO and ADC tests do not work - and I think this is because the IO configuration for the TWR-K60 board is different to the TWR-K53. Is that correct..?

Are there any example projects specifically written for the TWR-K53 board...?

or

Do I have to modify the TWR-K60 projects before they will run on the TWR-K53 board...?

Maybe I am still not looking in the right place for the examples...???

Thanks

Ken

0 Kudos
Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Yeah you must change some pins configurations, base addresses from modules are in most cases the same, compare with the documentation of the boards.

Miguel.

0 Kudos