Multiple Processor expert configurations

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Processor expert configurations

Frank_Z
Contributor I

I have two boards that use similar software but different I2C configurations. I'm trying to use the same source files for both boards but need two Processor Expert builds. One build has two masterConfigs while the other has 8 with no overlap. 

Frank_Z_0-1699195203753.png

Frank_Z_1-1699195297937.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Frank_Z
Contributor I

MK64FN1M0VLQ12

I wound up with three pe files. The one Kinetis uses and two they way I wanted them. I have to copy the desired to the used one and vice versa. Very prone to failure.

0 Kudos

RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Frank_Z,

Could you please check the following information?

Kind regards, Raul.

0 Kudos

RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Frank_Z,

Could you please tell us the part number of the MCU that you are using?

Kind regards, Raul.

0 Kudos

Frank_Z
Contributor I

I found I can create two Generator Configurations, each with i2c0 and i2c2 components defined as necessary and enabled/disabled per configuration.

Issue I see is that PE generates files based on the component name, thus making two sets of i2c0.c/h files. I can't SVN two versions of the same filename. I can base the component names on the configuration, but then I can't tell which .h files to include.

There is supposed to be a PEcfg_ defined per configuration but I can't find them.

0 Kudos

RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Frank_Z,

Usually, the PEcfg_ is on Cpu.h under Generated_Code folder.

Please take a look at Section Configurations in the Processor Expert User Manual. There is mentioned an example and more information that could be useful to look at.

Kind regards, Raul.

0 Kudos

Frank_Z
Contributor I

There is no Section Configurations in the manual you attached, nor PEcfg_ definitions anywhere.

I decided to ignore SVN for generated files since they can be regenerated from the source files that are repo'd.

0 Kudos