您的意思是: 
已解决

MKW36 UART OTA Fail when Flash security enabled

跳至解决方案
387 次查看
rao88
Contributor I

Hello,

Our application requires NXP firmware to be updated through UART from another host controller. Our configuration has a bootloader flashed at location 0x000 and application image flashed at 0xA000. In normal configuration without Flash security OTA is working fine and when Flash security (FSEC = BF) is enabled  OTA Fails.

Please find attached the flash configuration where OTA is successful without Flash security.

rao88_2-1702994693321.png

Flash configuration where Flash Security is enabled with Backdoor key access and OTA Fails.

rao88_3-1702994876071.png

Please refer the attached failure logs.

0 项奖励
1 解答
332 次查看
rao88
Contributor I

Hello Eduardo,

Initially we received Negative Response with error code kStatus_SecurityViolation from the Bootloader when FlashEraseAll command was sent causing the OTA to fail. We modified the Host controller OTA code to send FlashSecurityDisable command while in Bootloader mode after the initial Ping Command and then proceed with regular OTA operation. OTA is successful with the modified implementation.

Thank you!

在原帖中查看解决方案

2 回复数
345 次查看
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @rao88,

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please provide more details about your development? Also, what KW36 SDK version are you using?

Can you try the image upgrade by using the Kinetis Flash Tool to confirm if a similar behavior is present? This tool can be downloaded from the MCU Bootloader webpage, Downloads section:

EduardoZamora_0-1703191139530.png

It should be included inside bin\Tools\KinetisFlashTool\win

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 项奖励
333 次查看
rao88
Contributor I

Hello Eduardo,

Initially we received Negative Response with error code kStatus_SecurityViolation from the Bootloader when FlashEraseAll command was sent causing the OTA to fail. We modified the Host controller OTA code to send FlashSecurityDisable command while in Bootloader mode after the initial Ping Command and then proceed with regular OTA operation. OTA is successful with the modified implementation.

Thank you!