Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MK64FX512VLL12 crashes/freezes when sdcard and enet1 are set at the same time

Jump to solution
Oliveira
Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to configure a board developed from frdm-k64f as an example with the sdcard and enet examples at the same time.

The schematic can be viewed here: Schematics 

So far this only works if you use one of them at a time. I tracked the problem down to the FSL_SDCARD_REQUEST_TIMEOUT 1000 macro which is in the fsl_sdhc_card.c file.

When I set the value of that macro to 1 the mcu does not freeze and the enet works but nothing is written to the sdcard.

I'm using KDS_v3 and KSDK_1.3.0

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Marco

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Oliveira
Contributor III

Hi all,

For your information, I have managed to solve the problem by inserting MPU_CESR = 0; before PE_low_level_init(); and not after it.

Whats´s strange is the fact that at Processor Expert´s MPU view it was not checked to initialized at all. Somehow this was being ignored, I dont know why.

Anyway, now I have a project for KDS and for mcuxpresso working as expected.

Thank you all.

Marco

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI @Oliveira ,

Please use MCUXpresso IDE and SDK v2.11.0. The KDS and the SDK you are using is very old, NXP has stopped to support and update for a long time. You can download the new version from here.

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/welcome

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
Oliveira
Contributor III

Thank you Jing,

I'll try it.

Anyway, is it possible to use sdcard and enet in this mcu at the same time in terms of hardware? My board is almost exactly the same as FRDM-K64F but it uses a MK64FX512VLL12 (which I've got a sample to test) or it only works concurrently with MK64FN1M0VLL12?

Could you, perhaps, send me a project for mcuexpresso that has sdcard, enet and freertos working together?

Thank you.

Marco

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Oliveira ,

1. Yes, of course it can use sdcard and enet at same time.

2. K64FN code can run on K64FX.

3. There is SDCARD and FreeRTOS+ENET examples in sdk. But there isn't SDCARD+ENET+FreeRTOS examples. You have to do it buy yourself.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
Oliveira
Contributor III

Thank you Jing for your help.

Some thoughts: we have some boards developed with nxp´s mcus being used for at least 5 years and we have projects, yes they are old but very well debugged, developed for ksdk and kds, all made by myself. I've been looking for days, I only find people on the forums saying they had the same problem, many of these forums have the interaction of mr. Erich Styger, I followed his tips but unfortunately I haven't been able to solve this problem so far. You may know about the lack of K64FN on the market, that's why we used K64FX. I've encountered issues with flash addressing on the K64FX that don't occur on the K64FN, so I thought this was a pretty reasonable question. Anyway, I'll try to migrate my code to mcuxpresso, already downloaded it.

Thank you again.

Marco

0 Kudos
Oliveira
Contributor III

Hi all,

For your information, I have managed to solve the problem by inserting MPU_CESR = 0; before PE_low_level_init(); and not after it.

Whats´s strange is the fact that at Processor Expert´s MPU view it was not checked to initialized at all. Somehow this was being ignored, I dont know why.

Anyway, now I have a project for KDS and for mcuxpresso working as expected.

Thank you all.

Marco

0 Kudos