Kinetis KV31x Motor Control with HALL Sensors (speed control and Torque control)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis KV31x Motor Control with HALL Sensors (speed control and Torque control)

nagapenmetsa23
Contributor II

Hello,

My application needs a Hall sensor based BLDC motor control because of high startup torques and motor starting at Full loads conditions. I want to evaluate  Hall sensor based control using KV31x parts. I looked at NXP website and not able to find any Hall sensor based examples with KV series. I am very surprised that i couldn't find any examples of Hall effect based on KV series parts. All I found was sensorless FOC control.

I would like to run my motor under constant RPM Mode and also try to run in constant toque mode using Hall effect sensors as feedback on KV3x parts.

Thanks,
Naga Penmetsa

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

peterschrijnewe
Contributor I

If not discontinued I would recommend KMS but unfortunatly this will be (is already) discontinued so it is no good choose anymore.

I would check application example AN12374SW it is recently released and contains reference designs.
I just installed it and got the sensor and senseless version working very quickly. It can be used with Freemaster and MCAT and that tool worked better than in the past in combination with MCUXpresso.

AN12374SW contains also a HALL example but that I have not tried.

You can also wait till end of the month. There are reference design being delivered with the release of the version 2.6 SDK which happens this month. Info i got from Philip Drake Employee

Hope it will be helpful info I gave.

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos

marcodalzotto
Contributor I
0 Kudos