KL25 series can support ISP or IAP download?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL25 series can support ISP or IAP download?

Jump to solution
liuliaoyuan
Contributor I

I know the KL25 series support SWD Debug but I can't make sure if it support ISP or IAP download.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kai_liu
Senior Contributor I

Obviously, you have to develop ISP/IAP according to FSL's application note for bootloader. So far you can find following reference designs from FSL.

• UART based serial bootloader (AN2295), as regular serial device
  • USB MSD host bootloader (AN4368), as USB host, you can put firmware on USB stick,
  • USB DFU device bootloader (AN4370), as Device Firmware Upgrade class, however you must implement other classes such as HID/CDC with DFU, which I personally verified it on KL25Z, and it works.
  • USB MSD device bootloader (AN4379), as USB stick, you can copy firmware to emulated USB stick.
  • USB MSD device/host secure bootloader (AN4605)

The bootloader takes some user code space. Furthermore, user code has move its ISR to RAM. I prefer FSL can follows NXP's implementation, which has on board ISP, and it is separated from user space.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kai_liu
Senior Contributor I

Obviously, you have to develop ISP/IAP according to FSL's application note for bootloader. So far you can find following reference designs from FSL.

• UART based serial bootloader (AN2295), as regular serial device
  • USB MSD host bootloader (AN4368), as USB host, you can put firmware on USB stick,
  • USB DFU device bootloader (AN4370), as Device Firmware Upgrade class, however you must implement other classes such as HID/CDC with DFU, which I personally verified it on KL25Z, and it works.
  • USB MSD device bootloader (AN4379), as USB stick, you can copy firmware to emulated USB stick.
  • USB MSD device/host secure bootloader (AN4605)

The bootloader takes some user code space. Furthermore, user code has move its ISR to RAM. I prefer FSL can follows NXP's implementation, which has on board ISP, and it is separated from user space.

0 Kudos
adamb
Contributor I

Hi Kai Liu,

Can you give me some tips how to run USB bootloader on KL25z? You wrote that you have ported AN4370 application note. Maybe can you share your project?

Adam

0 Kudos
kai_liu
Senior Contributor I

Just FYI,

I am still stuck on serial bootloader now, I put USB MSD bootloader after that. So I can not offer anything at this moment. Sorry.

0 Kudos