KL16 Startup

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL16 Startup

frankbannon
Contributor II

Just getting started with the KL series using the 32 pin KL16.  Simple application, boot, read SPI SEEPROM contents and Xfer to another SPI Device, and go back to sleep.

However, have never used the freescale devices before.  So, I am looking for some guidance to get started.  I was going to order the Freedom KL26 eval board to familiarize myself with the device and implement a boot loader.  In addition, I was going to use the eval board as interface to program my prototypes when I receive 'em.

I see a lot of SDK/IDE's and not sure which is best and or too complicated, some are free and some are not.  I want to keep it as simple as possible for a noob like me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Oh before anyone asks, "why am I using the KL16 for such a "simple" application," that is what I was given to work with.

Frank

0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Frank,

Thank you very much for your focus on Freescale Kinetis product. I'd glad to provide service for you.

Before I give some advice of start the KL16, I think I need clarify the SDK and KDS at first.

SDK is a software development Kit for Kinetis MCU and it's designed to simplify and accelerate application development on Kinetis MCU,

KDS is Kinetis MCU design studio and it's free of charge.

I think it's good way to familiarize yourself with the KL16 through the start with FRDM-KL26 eval board.

So I'd like to suggest that you should download SCH, sample code package, datasheet,etc about the FRDM-KL26 board through the link as follows, it will accelerate you get start with the KL16.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact with me.

If you don't have, would you please help to close this SR? Then you'll receive a survey in a moment and please fill it out.

Thanks a lot.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------