cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KEAZN64's power consumption in stop mode

zhangzhiyong
Contributor III

Hi,

We test the KEAZN64's power consumption in stop mode,we use the TRK-KEA64 demo and the TRK_KEA64_PMC (S32 Design Studio for ARM Version 2018.R1),the temperature is room.

pastedImage_1.png

We measure the power supply current is 111μA,but the datasheet write the current is 2μA. 

pastedImage_2.png

We check the code,the LVD is disable,and RTC adder causes Idd to increase typically by less than 1 µA.

pastedImage_3.png

What is the cause of high power consumption?

Labels (1)
4 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Do you connect debugger when testing? The active debug will prevent the chip from entering low-power mode. In case the chip is already in low-power mode, a debug request from MDM-AP control register will wake the chip from low-power mode.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

zhangzhiyong
Contributor III

Hi,Jing

Thanks your support. I've noticed that, we downloaded the code to the board(TRK-KEA64), disconnected the dubugger(Jlink) and reset.

But the the power supply current is 111μA.

0 Kudos

shubhampardeshi
Contributor I

Hi @zhangzhiyong @jingpan  ,

Thanks for sharing above, i am also able to achieve it with current <1mA, however i want to wakeup from low power mode(Stop mode) and start with Run mode.

But my KBI interrupt or Low power RTC(~1Khz) interrupt is not getting.

Please help me on this so that i can wake up controller on interrupt.

one more thing once i use wfi instruction then i am not getting interrupt.

I tried with attached piece of code, i am using PmcModeStop3.

code.JPG

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

It seems you project is copy from FRDM_KEA64_PMC. I tested on my FRDM board. I disconnect the SWD_CLK and SWD_IO jumper. The  current drop to 2uA. So, I think you needn't worry. 

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos