Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K82 VBAT Register File size

Jump to solution
deniscollis
Contributor V

According to the documentation  the VBAT register file is 128 bytes:

deniscollis_0-1694020943609.png

However, the MCU descriptor header file (MK82F25615.h) in MCUXpresso defines it as 8 * 4 = 32 bytes:

typedef struct {
__IO uint32_t REG[8]; /**< VBAT register file register, array offset: 0x0, array step: 0x4 */
} RFVBAT_Type;

What is it?

Thanks,
Denis

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @deniscollis,

As you mentioned the VBAT register should be __IO uint32_t REG[32] instead of __IO uint32_t REG[8] to meet what is stated in the K82 Sub-Family Reference Manual.

Let us double check, if there is a special reason for it. At the meantime, we are letting the team in charge to know about this. Thank you for feedback.

Best regards, Raul.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
deniscollis
Contributor V

I think it may be a copy/paste error in  MK82F25615.h.  The preceding definition was the System Register File, which is defined identically to RFVBAT but is, indeed, 32 bytes:

/** RFSYS - Register Layout Typedef */
typedef struct {
  __IO uint32_t REG[8]; /**< Register file register, array offset: 0x0, array step: 0x4 */
} RFSYS_Type;

I assume I can safely change the VBAT Register definition to occupy 128 bytes:

typedef struct {
__IO uint32_t REG[32]; /**< VBAT register file register, array offset: 0x0, array step: 0x4 */
} RFVBAT_Type;

I have no idea how to report errata in MCUXpresso SDKs. If someone from NXP is reading this, please let me know.  

0 Kudos
RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @deniscollis,

As you mentioned the VBAT register should be __IO uint32_t REG[32] instead of __IO uint32_t REG[8] to meet what is stated in the K82 Sub-Family Reference Manual.

Let us double check, if there is a special reason for it. At the meantime, we are letting the team in charge to know about this. Thank you for feedback.

Best regards, Raul.

0 Kudos
RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @deniscollis,

After double check, K82 Sub-Family Reference Manual information is correct. We have already reported this issue to the team in charge of the SDK.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Best regards, Raul.