K64F Program using CYCLONE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K64F Program using CYCLONE

yibinwang
Contributor I

Now, I used the K64F process built a board. In the Kinetis Design Studio, I can debug and program my code to the board using CYCLONE Programmer based on the SWD protocol.

But, When I used the  "PROGACMP - Flash Programmer" of the CYCLONE provided to program my code, the screen always show the following message.

Programming Address $   . Error during programming.

I can sure I used the same programmer and same target while the programming and also use the same Command for the programming in these two different environment.

Would you please give me some hits and tips on this issue of I facing?

Now, I attached a document on my programming process. At the end of the document, I attached a message list that is from Kinetis Design Studio. It is the good message.  Please have a look. But when I use the same PM command on the "PROGACMP - Flash Programmer" of the CYCLONE, I always get the Error information as above I mentioned.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
8 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yibin Wang,

Please check the attachment.

Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

yibinwang
Contributor I

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your always support!

Jerry

Jerry Wang | 王宜斌 | Software Engineer | Branson Ultrasonics

Emerson Industrial Automation | No. 21, XueShi Road | New industrial Park | Hi-tech Zone | Xi'an | CHINA

T +86 (29) 8928 0532 | M 13891803152

Jerryw.Wang@emerson.com<mailto:Jerryw.Wang@emerson.com>

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yibin Wang,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and the opportunity to serve.

After had a brief look through the statement above, I'd like to know whether the issue would arise again or not while program the kind of image file S19 instead of the HEX to the chip through the PROGACMP tool.

I'm looking forward to your reply,
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

yibinwang
Contributor I

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your response.

The issue is still in here. But I found my programmer (CYCLONE for ARM Devices) can support .S19 file for the programming to the target.

Dose my programmer only support .S19 file?

As you know, there is only created the .srec file using "Kinetis Design Studio". I only changed the file extension from .srec to .S19 for the programming. It seems my board works well after programmed. Is there any difference between the file .srec and .S19.

Regards,

Jerry

Emerson Industrial Automation | No. 21, XueShi Road | New industrial Park | Hi-tech Zone | Xi'an | CHINA

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yibin Wang,

I've used the PROGACMP tool to program the FRDM-K64F board according to the step as the Fig 1shows.

However it works well no matter with the kind of image files, such as the BIN, Hex, S19 (Fig 2), and definitely I will move on to dig deeper.

And I'd also like to suggest that you also can apply the support in the P&E Support Forums too (P&E Microcomputer Systems: Over 30 years as an Industry leader in Embedded Systems Development Tools... )

2016-04-26_15-07-58.jpg

Fig 1

2016-04-26_14-49-29.jpg

Fig 2

Have a great day,
Ping

0 Kudos

yibinwang
Contributor I

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your response soon.

Would you please give a detailed process of your steps on how to program using PROGACMP tool?

Thanks again.

Jerry

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yibin Wang,

First of all, hardware setup: I use the CYCLONE MAX instead of the CYCLONE for ARM devices, from the implementation perspective, they're almost same and I don't have the device on my site now.

Next, connection configuration and load the ARP file.

2016-04-27_9-17-36.jpg

Fig 1

2016-04-27_9-18-04.jpg

Fig 2

Finally, manual programming as the Fig 3 illustrates.

2016-04-26_15-07-58.jpg

Have a great day,
Ping

0 Kudos

yibinwang
Contributor I

Hi Jeremy,

I am not able to see the pictures of you shown in your email. Would you please send a word document to me again?

Thanks again.

Jerry

0 Kudos