Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K61 FlexRAM Used as EEPROM

Jump to solution
benjaminschroed
Contributor III

Hello,

After hunting around old forum posts, I still can't quite get my initialization correct for EEPROM.  FYI, the part I am using is MK61FX512VMJ15.

It appears that this device can have up to 16k of EEPROM, and I want to use it all.  From referencing the manual, it appears I need to set the following:

FCCOB5 = 0x08 (EEPROM backup needs to be 16x the size of the space I need, which gets me to 256 kB of backup)

FCCOB4 = 0x30 (8192 + 8192 subsystem size)

FCCOB0 = 0x80 (PGMPART command)

This however is only allowing my to write 4k of EEPROM (from 0x1400.0000 to 0x1400.0FFF) when I believe it should allow me to write 16k (from 0x1400.0000 to 0x1400.3FFF).

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
benjaminschroed
Contributor III

Apologies, I had a part of my code preventing reads/writes beyond 4k.  It appears that my configuration above is correct for allocating 16k of EEPROM for my part listed above.  I even tested writes beyond it, and it caused an exception, as expected.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
benjaminschroed
Contributor III

Apologies, I had a part of my code preventing reads/writes beyond 4k.  It appears that my configuration above is correct for allocating 16k of EEPROM for my part listed above.  I even tested writes beyond it, and it caused an exception, as expected.

0 Kudos