Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K60 tower KickStart questions

Jump to solution
Smiler
Contributor III

Hi,

I have a K60 tower with kickstart development.

1/ How to I setup the runtime system, stack etc?

2/ Is it possible to use the mqx rtos with the 32K kickstart limitation?

Thanks

Peter.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Dekiru
Contributor IV

Hi,

There is a TWR-K60N512-IAR Getting Started Guide come with the kit. You can follow it to jump start.

If you need to know more about how to use the tool, consult IAR documents.

About possibility of using kickstart edition with MQX, it depends on your application. If your application is really small with only some components, it may be fit. If you need more component, it will be over the size limitation. There is a benchmark report in <MQX installed directory>\mqx\examples\benchmrk\codesize\results folder where they give out estimated memory requirement.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dekiru
Contributor IV

Hi,

There is a TWR-K60N512-IAR Getting Started Guide come with the kit. You can follow it to jump start.

If you need to know more about how to use the tool, consult IAR documents.

About possibility of using kickstart edition with MQX, it depends on your application. If your application is really small with only some components, it may be fit. If you need more component, it will be over the size limitation. There is a benchmark report in <MQX installed directory>\mqx\examples\benchmrk\codesize\results folder where they give out estimated memory requirement.

Regards

0 Kudos
Smiler
Contributor III

Thanks. My stack problem was due to not having the Tower system connected. I assumed (I know I know) that you could simulate generic C code with out the physical testing. I am now able to proceed :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos