K60 mcu locks up and held in reset with RESET_b held low?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K60 mcu locks up and held in reset with RESET_b held low?

albertonberry
Contributor I

Some K60 MCU pn# MK60DN512VLL10 mask 4N30D and 4N22D have been observed being held in reset during power up.  RESET_b pin remains low with the mcu powered up with valid 3.3V power supply voltage.  dV/dT on the Vdd pins on the mcu is much less than 17V/ms(17kV/s) as mentioned in Mask Set Errata for 4N30D item e4949.  One hardware engineer reports that adding significant capacitance on the supply net seems to fix the issue with the units that have been observed locking up.  The mask set errata for 4N30D states that e4949 would be fixed in later mask revisions but mask revisions of 4N22D have been observed locking up.  Is there a fix for this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

nbjasani
Contributor III

Hi,

I have same issue with my K60 MCU, its locks up and held in reset. Have you fix up this problem? Please share the solution if you have.

Thank you

Nandish Jasani.

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

The mask set 4N22D is second generation of Kinetis 100MHz product, which had fixed the e4949 errata.

Please check my feedback at Case Number :00103723.

Thank you for the attention.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos