cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDE choice

Jump to solution
_air_
Contributor II

I have a fairly simple project, which I am looking to implement with the FRDM-KL25Z board. The main requirements are:

• communicate with other modules over I2C
  • read and write to an SD card
  • send messages securely to internet over wifi or 3G, as authenticated SSH or TCP client

It is a low volume commercial application. Although it is fairly simple, I would like highly reliable and supportable firmware. Should I use something like Keil MDK-Lite, or use mbed?

1 Solution
Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Air

I think it is better to use IAR or CodeWarrior as IDE for your project development. You can find many example code for your reference from Freescale website. If you want to use real time operation system, I think you can use MQX for your application.

Hope my reply can help you.

Best Regards

Paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Air

I think it is better to use IAR or CodeWarrior as IDE for your project development. You can find many example code for your reference from Freescale website. If you want to use real time operation system, I think you can use MQX for your application.

Hope my reply can help you.

Best Regards

Paul

_air_
Contributor II

Thanks Paul,

I will put together a VM for CodeWarrior and see what I can do.

Anthony

0 Kudos
Monica
Senior Contributor III

Hello Anthony,

we are wondering what was the final result, did the suggestion work? :smileyhappy:

Hope it did!

Best regards,

Monica

0 Kudos
_air_
Contributor II

Hi Monica,

I have installed CodeWarrior and I am learning how to use it. It seems to be what I need.

Thanks,

Anthony