How to direct Shell out to serial port (TTYD) on K60 serial board (TWR_SER)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to direct Shell out to serial port (TTYD) on K60 serial board (TWR_SER)

rjohnson
Contributor II

I can output to the DB9 serial port on the TWR_SER board by enabling TTYD: and doing this:

serial_fd = fopen("ttyd:", 0);
ioctl(serial_fd, IO_IOCTL_SERIAL_SET_FLAGS, &flags);

fprintf(serial_fd,"\r\nHELLO!!!\r\n");

Now I want to use the Shell library, but I can't find how to direct where it interfaces. Looking at shell.c, it is calling just printf's (as opposed to fprintf(serial_fd...)). I tried launching the shell like this, but it didn't help.

Shell(Shell_commands, "ttyd:");

How does the shell get directed?

Thanks,

-- Ryan

0 Kudos
3 Replies

hubje3
Contributor II

To use the shell interface with a serial port there are a couple things that need to be edited in the twrk60n512.h file and the userconfig.h file

First the corresponding channel in the userconfig.h file needs to be initialized

#define BSPCFG_ENABLE_TTYD       1

Second the BSP_DEFAULT_IO_CHANNEL needs to be set up for the "ttyd:" in these lines in the twrk60n512.h file

#ifndef BSP_DEFAULT_IO_CHANNEL/*           * Other Serial console options:(do not forget to enable BSPCFG_ENABLE_TTY define if changed)  *      "ttyf:"      OSJTAG-COM  polled mode   *      "ittyf:"     OSJTAG-COM  interrupt mode       *      "ttyd:"      TWR-SER     polled mode       *      "ittyd:"     TWR-SER     interrupt mode   */       #if BSPCFG_ENABLE_TTYD        #define BSP_DEFAULT_IO_CHANNEL                        "ttyd:"    /* TWR-SER     polled mode */          #define BSP_DEFAULT_IO_CHANNEL_DEFINED            #else        #define BSP_DEFAULT_IO_CHANNEL                        NULL    #endif#endif

This will direct all the printf's used to the ttyd serial port, so then you can initialize the Shell

Shell(Shell_commands, NULL);

and it will be over the serial port.  You will also have to recompile the BSP to incorporate the changes made in the userconfig.h and twrk60n512.h files.

Jeremy

0 Kudos

rjohnson
Contributor II

Ah! I'd made the changes in user_config.h, but didn't realize that I had to modify twrk60n512.h to redirect printfs.

Works great. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Gewehr88
Contributor I

You can use telnet to direct your serial task.

you need to do:

1. Have a serial task, for instance Task_Serial()

2. Use RTCS_TASK telnet_shell = {"TN_Vt100", 8, 2000, task_telnet, NULL};

void task_telnet(void *dummy)
{
    Task_Serial(0);// 0 specifies telnet, 1-N specifies serial PORT #
}

3. Start TELNET server when you start Network
TELNETSRV_init(taskname = "Telnet server", 7, 4000, &telnet_shell);

I had it work in k60n512.

0 Kudos