How to change the size of Upper SRAM and Lower SRAM in MCUEXPRESSO for MKV30 Kinetics controller

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the size of Upper SRAM and Lower SRAM in MCUEXPRESSO for MKV30 Kinetics controller

Gouthambalraj
Contributor II

I am using MKV30F64VLF10 controller for motor drive application. The controller has 16kb of RAM. This 16kb is split into two halves (Upper SRAM and Lower SRAM) 8kb each. This creates a problem when any object is stored sharing both sections.

So can we delete the lower SRAM and update the size of upper SRAM to 16kb? I tried that and it compiled without any error. But I am not sure if that's the right way to do or is there any guidelines for this?nxpforum1.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

You might check the article on https://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/07/10/freertos-heap-with-segmented-kinetis-k-sram/ and especially the discussion in the comments section. Bottom line is if you have an object crossing that memory boundary, and depending on the access, you will end up in a hard fault. Because there are two different memory controllers.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

Gouthambalraj
Contributor II

Hi Eric ,

Thanks for your response. I will take a look at the article you shared.

0 Kudos