Has the KE1xF checked whether the value written in EEPROM backup is the same?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the KE1xF checked whether the value written in EEPROM backup is the same?

isaotakashima
Contributor IV

We are  considering whether use FlexMemory and EEPROM feature.

We would like to know phenomenon that after write data to FlexRAM.

We understand that EEE state machine launch a EEE operation to store the data within the EEPROM backup (FlexNVM) memory.

We would like to confirm that the EEE state machine whether test vulnerable EEE data record for values.

According to section 5 Brownout Detection of AN4282 Using the Kinetis Family Enhanced EEPROM Functionality, the EEE state machine test vulnerable EEE data record for values.

Therefore, I believe that the EEE state machine test vulnerable EEE data record for values always.

Am I correct?

Please reply as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Takashima

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Isao Takashima

The section taht you refer in the application note state the brownout scenario. If the data written in the EEPROM is not a valid data (due to a interruption, brownout, reset), then the data saved will be the last valid data that you write to the EEPROM.

But Regards your question, Has the KE1xF checked whether the value written in EEPROM backup is the same?

Yes, flexnvm has a feature that allow to check if the value to be written is the same as the last valid data written, if it is the same, it will not overwrite the same value.

Hope this information help you.
Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

isaotakashima
Contributor IV

Dear Jorge Antonio Alcala Vazquez,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to confirm below your answer.

=====================================================

Yes, flexnvm has a feature that allow to check if the value to be written is the same as the last valid data written, if it is the same, it will not overwrite the same value.

=====================================================

I understood that EEE state machine compare written data into FlexRAM and last valid data written in FlexNVM (EEEPROM backup), and if it is same, it will not overwrite the same data.

I would like to know whether EEE state machine compare data in FlexRAM and written data into FlexNVM after write data into FlexNVM.

If data at 0x1400_0000 is 0x00 and we write 0x55 at 0x1400_0000, EEE state machine write 0x55 with 16-bit TAG into EEEPROM backup.

After write 0x55 with 16-bit TAG into the EEEPROM backup, does EEE state machine compare written data (0x55 at 0x1400_0000) in the FlexRAM and written data (0x55 with 16-bit RAG) in the EEEPROM backup?

Please reply as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Takashima

0 Kudos

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Isao Takashima

After write 0x55 with 16-bit TAG into the EEEPROM backup, does EEE state machine compare written data (0x55 at 0x1400_0000) in the FlexRAM and written data (0x55 with 16-bit RAG) in the EEEPROM backup?

No, there is not comparation after data is writen. Data in EEEPROM will not be marked as valid data until the data has been correctly copied from flexRAM to backup.

Hope this helps

Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos

isaotakashima
Contributor IV

jorge_a_vazquez

One week passed since I reply.

Please let us know your situation and answer my question as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Takashima

0 Kudos