cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIO Clock Register for KE02Z64VQH2

AbdulHayee01
Contributor I

Hi

I am new to ARM series and before I was working on PIC microcontollers. I have brought FRDM-KE02Z board for learning purpose.In this microcontroller used is KE02Z64VQH2.

For toggle LED I am writing a small program. Kindly tell me which register is used to enable the GPIO Clock Register for particular port. As I am seeing that KL25 Series have SCGC5 register to enable/disable the clock. 

I search the datasheet of KE02Z64VQH2 but only find SCGC register and in this register there are no ports defined.

kindly tell me if I am missing something

Thanks and best regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

KE\KEA series is different from K\KL\KV series, there is no PORT definition in SCGC.

For Kinetis MCU development, it is recommended that you use MCUXpresso Software and Tools, please refer to Overview of MCUXpresso IDE v10.2.0

But MCUXpresso SDK support 40MHz KE02, you FRDM-KE02Z is 20MHz, so you may need to limit the frequency to 20MHz in MCUXpresso.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

AbdulHayee01
Contributor I

Thanks Robin

I am really very confused as this is my first time to use ARM series and selection of compilers. 

I have seen many tutorials which are based on FRDM-KL25 on Udemy and also there is a book on this FRDM-KL25 which starts from bare metal and easy to understand and uses Keil uVision compiler but I brought this FRDM-KE02 board and I am not getting it. This FRDM-KE02 not looks user friendly to me as a beginner. What should I do?

Are there any great tutorials for KE02 series from which I can get a start?

0 Kudos

AbdulHayee01
Contributor I

Should I switch to FRDM-KL25 development kit as there are plenty of material availble on internet.

As I told its my first experience with any ARM Microcontoller and I dont have any idea about these microcontrollers and compilers they are using.

or Should I move to STmicroelectronics development boards as they also have some good tutorials for beginners as well.

For beginners like me we required some good tutorials from which we can understand how to use compiler and ARM processors as well but atleast this FRDM-KE02 dont have such thing.

My Bad experience

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sorry for the inconvenience we bring you!
I think you can switch to FRDM-KL25 development kit.
For beginners who want to learn ARM Cortex Core and MCU peripherals, although those books and training materials are old, their bare metal codes directly introduce registers of peripherals may be more suitable for you.

0 Kudos

AbdulHayee01
Contributor I

need help guys

0 Kudos