Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KL25Z Wont firmware update, doesn't appear as a flash drive (Mac

Jump to solution
qcu87z
Contributor I

Morning all,

As the title suggests, when I connect my FRDM-KL25Z to my mac or win7 pc it doesn't appear as a flash drive anymore. It will appear as bootloader if I hold the reset button whilst plugging it in. This happened after I tired to load my code on to it via the mbed website. The code was a basic keyboard I.E. push button it types a character.

It is running firmware 1.09 which isn't the newest. But when I follow the instructions on the info link thats in the flash drive to update it. It doesn't update the firmware .bin file just disappears on reboot.

Can anyone suggest what else I can try to get it updated and running correctly.

Regards, Hughesy

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ashely,

I'd highly recommend you to download and update the firmware correctly by referring to these threads as follow.

New P&E OpenSDA Firmware v114 | MCU on Eclipse

OpenSDA on the Freedom KL25Z Board | MCU on Eclipse
Have a great day,

Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ashely,

I'd highly recommend you to download and update the firmware correctly by referring to these threads as follow.

New P&E OpenSDA Firmware v114 | MCU on Eclipse

OpenSDA on the Freedom KL25Z Board | MCU on Eclipse
Have a great day,

Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
qcu87z
Contributor I

Really clear instructions on first link thanks all working now

0 Kudos