cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM KE02Z SPI example

CitRam
Contributor III

Hi to All

I'm learning to write code for FRDM KE02Z. I want to send 8bits words via SPI.

I  have created project, with Processor Expert have created and configurated SM1:SPIMaster_LDD.

And I don't know what code to write for sending 8bit word via SPI in ProcessorExpert.c or Events.c?

I think I have to use the SM1_SendBlock(); in ProcessorExpert.c, but don't know what arguments need to use.

I think must be something like

if(SM1_GetBlockSentStatus = false)

{

SM_SendBlock(,00110111);

}

Could you help me please.

ke02.jpg

0 Kudos
5 Replies

CitRam
Contributor III

Thank you Robin and Erich.

I've made as adviced Robin, by Help on component. But, I'm sorry, i woluld like send binary word, for example write  11110111, and get from MOSI 11110111, not characters. Becuse in my task eighth bit must be parity bit. I already tried use parity bit set in Component Inspector/SPI0/Atribute Set List, but KE02 doesen't support SPI pairty bit.

Could you advice me how should I change the subroutine for ability writing binary word not ASCII characters

#define BLOCK_SIZE 4

uint8_t OutData[BLOCK_SIZE] = "FF";

uint8_t InpData[BLOCK_SIZE];

volatile LDD_SPIMASTER_TError ComError = 0U;

LDD_TError Error;

LDD_TDeviceData *MySPIPtr;

int main(void)

{

PE_low_level_init();

MySPIPtr = SM1_Init(NULL);                              /* Initialization of SM1 component */

while(1){

Error = SM1_ReceiveBlock(MySPIPtr, InpData, BLOCK_SIZE);  /* Request data block reception */

Error = SM1_SendBlock(MySPIPtr, OutData, BLOCK_SIZE);    /* Start transmission/reception */

while (!SM1_GetBlockReceivedStatus(MySPIPtr)) {          /* Wait until data block is transmitted/received */

SM1_Main(MySPIPtr);

}

}

#ifdef PEX_RTOS_START

PEX_RTOS_START();                  /* Startup of the selected RTOS. Macro is defined by the RTOS component. */

#endif

for(;;){}

}

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Have you read the Typical Usage of SPIMaster_LDD ?

There are two Typical Usage what can show you how to use this SPIMaster_LDD.

You just need to do according to them.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Hope that help.

Best Regards

Binbin

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

you might have a look at this project:

FRDM with Arduino Ethernet Shield R3, Part 2: Ping

It is using SPI to communicate with the W5100.

CitRam
Contributor III

Thenk you Erich for you answer. I have watched your projects before, in particular W5100 project. But you use FreeRTOS in W5100 project, I have not any experience with any RTOS.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The SPI with the W5100 can run with or without RTOS. The only thing which is RTOS specific in this driver is to get a semaphore/lock. Don't use that, and you have what you need.

0 Kudos