cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KE02 trouble

jorged_avila
Contributor II

Hi, there,

I'm trying to use a FRDM-KE02 board, with no success. To begin with, it always starts as BOOTLOADER (it was supposed to start in this mode only if pressing reset while connecting the USB cable). A call to SDA_INFO.HTM shows:

Board Name is: FRDM-KE02Z

MicroBoot Kernel Version is: 1.05

Bootloader Version is: 1.10

Application Version is: 0.00

I tried to update the bootloader, copying to the BOOTLOADER drive the file BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111.SDA. After disconnecting and reconnecting the board, the informations is not changed - it remains as above.

I note the LASTSTAT.TXT file in the BOOTLOADER drive shows "Programming..." when it should be, according to the User Guide, "Ready." or "Completed.", and the board LED show the pattern the User Guide identifies as error - 2 seconds off followed by 8 rapid on/off blinks.

I've not found out how to make it behave any other way.

Any clues?

P.S: I have two boards. Both behave the same way.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

prabhuu
Contributor I

Hi, I too faced the issue, And found the solution. It is - you need to use Windows 7 or windows XP if your boot loader is 1.10 or earlier. Actually, I was using Windows10, where it did not work. After a lot of search I found FAQ in PEmirco website.  Also note, if u use virtualBox for windows7, it does not work right away. because, freedom board would be first recognized from host OS, then to OS inside virtual box. So, solution is, either install OS on hardware (instead of virtual Box) OR, if you are bit experienced with Virtual box, u must know how to filter the USP ports so that, whenever u plug in freedom board, host OS will directly sends it to Guest os.

Once u are programmed to latset boot loader and KE02 APP, u can move to windows 8/10 if u want!

PEmicro - P&E Microcomputer Systems: Over 30 years as an Industry leader in Embedded Systems Develop... 

--

Prabhu.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jorge,

I'm using the attachment to update the bootloader portion of the OpenSDA software platform to version 1.11 successful , please try it.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos