Ezportdl:programming Kinetis EZport by MCU-Link Pro

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ezportdlprogramming Kinetis EZport by MCU-Link Pro

NXP launched MCU-Link Pro at the end of 2021. This is a new debugger probe that has been significantly upgraded based on mcu-link. The focus of the upgrade is to add current measurement, analog signal monitoring, USB to SPI and I2C bridge working modes, and on-board lpc804 for peripheral simulation. Among these upgrades, USB to SPI and I2C are more interesting and practical. Combining Kinetis EZport and flashloader, MCU-Link Pro can directly download programs to the target chip, instead of bridge through another board as before. This project uses the USB to SPI function of MCU-Link Pro to download programs to kinetis K series chips through EZport. In addition to the Kinetis series, many ColdFire chips of NXP also support EZport. In addition, since EZport interface protocol is compatible with SPI NOR flash, this project can also directly burn SPI NOR flash chip. This can also be used when debugging or producing i.mxRT500 and i.mxRT600.

MCU Link Pro can easily use USB to SPI and I2C interfaces because NXP provides LIBUSBSIO library. Readers can download this library and related documents from NXP's official website. Here is a brief introduction. The SUB to SIO function is only an optional additional function for lpclink2 and MCU-Link Pro devices. Its main function is to provide CMSIS-DAP debugging interface for the target microcontroller, and provide virtual serial communication using USB VCOM class. The following figure is the process framework of LIBUSBSIO. As shown in the figure, LIBUSBSIO library can support SPI, I2C and GPIO.

jingpan_0-1664530783351.png

The core of LIBUSBSIO communication is SPI_Transfer (lpc_handle hspi, spi_xfer_t * xfer) function. This function can send and receive 1024 bytes at most at one time. In addition, LIBUSBSIO library can set baud rate, clock polarity, sampling edge, and frame length. The following figure shows the output waveform captured by the logic analyzer.

jingpan_1-1664530783624.jpeg

Command

Description

WREN

Write Enable

WRDI

Write Disable

RDSR

Read Status Register

READ

Flash Read Data

SP

Flash Section Program

SE

Flash Sector Erase

BE

Flash Bulk Erase

RESET

Reset Chip

WRFCCOB

Write FCCOB Registers

dl

Image download

fw

Write/read any sequence to SPI port

This project has been tested on FRDM-K64F.

jingpan_2-1664530783652.png

Hardware connection:

MCU-Link pro            FRDM-K64F

J19-2        ---       R75-1flying a line is needed

J19-3        ---       J1-8

J19-4        ---       J11-1

J19-5        ---       J1-12

Connect ground together.

Operation steps:

Before power on, R75-1 should be connected to ground, then connect openSDA USB. Thus, K64 will enter EZport status.

1. Read memory

ezportdl read [address] [number]

jingpan_3-1664530783697.png

1. Write enable

ezportdl wren

1. Write flash, which can write up to 1000 byte.

ezportdl sp [length] [data]

jingpan_4-1664530783725.png

1. Program a binary file into flash

Ezportdl dl [address] [file name] [flag] 

address means start address flag=0 means erase flash before programming, flag=1 means don’t erase the flash.

Project download address:

https://github.com/jophpan/ezportdl/tree/master

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎09-30-2022 02:43 AM
Updated by: