cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting OM2NTP5332 to FRDM-KW41Z

StefanC
Contributor I

Hello everyone,

I am trying to connect the NTAG 5 development board to the FRDM-KW41Z, unfortunately, no luck so far. I tried to use the LPC55S69 example project as a baseline/reference but I haven't succeeded still. Is anyone able to help me or does anyone have an example project in which a connection between the two devices has been made?

PS: I have read through multiple guides and files which didn't help me out completely. (e.g. SW6090, AN12364, RM00222 and at last the guide for LPC55S69)

Your time and efforts are much appriciated!

Thanks in advance,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

There is a LPC specific form where the LPC55S69 is discussed, not sure that helps in this case, since the KW would belong here.

That said, here or there, we really need more information to help you.
Saying "it doesn't work" doesn't really tell us much.

For example how are you connecting them and what specific thing is not happening?
What is lacking from the documentation (that is frequently lacking things)?

https://community.nxp.com/t5/LPC-Microcontrollers/bd-p/lpc

0 Kudos

StefanC
Contributor I

First, I want to point out that I am a beginner when it comes to programming. I started with the simple_NDEF_example that is made for the LPC55S69 specifically. I tried to rewrite the code so it will be compatible with the KW41Z but I don't have a good understanding of where to begin and what to change precisely so I got stuck and didn't have any progress. 

Secondly, I imported the NTAG I2C plus example project for the KW41Z and implemented the missing (coming from the LPC55S69 project) and tried to rewrite the code. 

Again, because I am very new in programming I don't really know where to start off. 

I hope this gives a better understanding of what I am struggling with at this moment.

0 Kudos

bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

"Again, because I am very new in programming I don't really know where to start off. "

Having a tangible goal is already a great start.

Reading and understanding the data sheets is a good foundation.

Yes, a 1,000 page data sheet is overwhelming.  
Start with the foundations of Power Supply, Reset and Booting, then the sections you need as you need them.

" I imported the NTAG I2C plus example project for the KW41Z and implemented the missing (coming from the LPC55S69 project) and tried to rewrite the code. "

Sounds like a good way to go.  Frequently the way I learn new architectures myself.

For any of us to help we need tangible specific questions.
No one is going to spend their time and do the project for you.

0 Kudos

StefanC
Contributor I

Hello, I am back again.

Currently, I am trying to initialise the hardware (FRDM-KW41Z), I have tried to change it multiple times to different clocks and pins but didn't get it to work. The settings shown in the screenshot are 1 on 1 the lpc55s69 settings, only the name has been changed already. I hope somebody is able to help me. Thanks in advance,

StefanC_0-1649056521812.png

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Did you download SDK_2_2_3_FRDM-KW41Z.zip from below link and dragged it into the installed SDKs in MCUXpreso IDE?

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

StefanC
Contributor I

I indeed installed this particular SDK and added it to the installed SDK folder within the IDE.

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

SDK_2_2_3_FRDM-KW41Z  should be compiled first

0 Kudos

StefanC
Contributor I

I know how to build and compile the example projects if that is your concern. Not to be impolite, but in what way is this related to my issue with connecting the two hardware components? Prior I have compiled example projects and they worked just fine.

0 Kudos

StefanC
Contributor I

@danielchen, do you want to add a remark on how it will help me?

thanks!

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Stefan:

I am confused about what you are doing now.  From your attached picture, I only can see the compile error issue.

If you need to configure FRDM-KW41Z, configure pin or clock, you can try the configure tools inside MCUXpresso IDE.  

danielchen_0-1650461483744.png

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

StefanC
Contributor I

Hello Daniel,

What I was trying to do is rewrite the pass-through example project from the LPC55s69 so it would be compatible to be used with the KW41Z board.

Firstly I have created a new freetos_I2c example project, after creating this project I have imported all related files and code from the LPC project to the KW41 project. (see picture)

StefanC_0-1651233564271.pngStefanC_1-1651233589966.png

after importing I tried to configure the code but various errors occurred, it could be that it is related to the configuration, but I am quite unfamiliar with this tool and afraid to change the wrong settings and make it even worse (see picture for current settings). Is there a related guideline I can follow? 

StefanC_2-1651233809297.png

thanks in advance, I hope thisgives a better understand what I have done and how I need to continue.

0 Kudos

StefanC
Contributor I

I fully understand your remark in terms of a specific question. It could be that somebody else has done it already and in that respect it would save me quite some time,

PS I don't expect people to do it for me, but if the work is already done, it would be easier.

Thanks for your relpy, once again!

I'll come back on this topic later on.

0 Kudos