cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compile GNU Scientific Library for FRDM-M64F

francescoclemen
Contributor I

hello everyone,

I am trying to solve a system of non-linear equations on FRDM-M64F dev board. For this reason, I found that the GNU Scientific library is an appropriate tool. However my problem is that I can't find a way to include it in my project. I tried two things:

1. compile the source using a static library project.

In this case, I create a project and include all of the sources of the library in the "Source" directory, then compile. I immediately get an error saying:

../Source/wavelet/bspline.c:33:20: fatal error: config.h: No such file or directory

I imagine this is because no "./configure" command (which should generate the config.h file) was launched before "make", but I could not find a way on how to do this. Any help?

2. use a pre-compiled library

I downloaded a pre-compiled library from here and tried to use it in the project. However, even if the library and headers are correctly included in the project (-I , -l , -L), I get

../Source/wavelet/bspline.c:33:20: fatal error: config.h: No such file or directory

so it seems that the compiler cannot find the references in the libgsl.a file.

Any suggestions? Even an alternative to the GSL library would fit.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

What is your actual host machine?  The library may need to be cross compiled.
The other option is look at the .c that wants config.h and manually create it based on the #if's found.

If running Windows MSYS2 homepage will let you run ./configure to create a config.h.

However it will say it was created for the host machine which is probably not what you want.

0 Kudos

francescoclemen
Contributor I

Hi bob,

thanks for the reply. I will try out the MSYS2 system and see what happens. As you say, ideally I should create the config.h for the ARM cortex, this is why I was trying to find a way to do so within KDS. I am using Windows 7 64bit as host machine. I am quite new to library compilation, so if you have any suggestions for how to cross-compile it I would appreciate it.

I would exclude the manual way as the library is huge and has so many .c files... Do you know any alternatives to using GNU SL?

0 Kudos

bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

Each C file probably only has a few #if and in a lot of cases they will all be looking for the same #if so the number of C files may not mater that much.

The Netlib is a collection of mathematical software, papers, and databases.

You an spend days finding Interesting Stuff there.

I do not know of any easy way to cross compile for this device.
You could set up QEMU that can simulate an ARM environment.

May be time consuming.

0 Kudos