Can KW20 and Beekit support to midify frequency deviation and MAC length?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can KW20 and Beekit support to midify frequency deviation and MAC length?

Jump to solution
daweiyou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi:

I note Beekit can choose 16 channels for different frequency,of ISM.

But I can't find speific setting for frequency deviation.

BTW, could Beekit support modify MAC layer, for example length, whether need NDA? thx

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

The 16 channels correspond to IEEE 802.15.4 PHY and MAC layers specification. Since the radio embedded in the SiP is 802.15.4 (RF4CE, ZIgbee, etc) compliant, only those channels are to be used as defined by the IEEE.  Why would you like to change them anyway?

Also, what do you need to modify from the MAC layer? Maximum packet length is also defined by the IEEE but you can always send less bytes if necessary. There is no need to modify the MAC layer at all for that. You could simply set the packet length in software and send the bytes needed.

I hope this helps. Have a nice day.

Angel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

The 16 channels correspond to IEEE 802.15.4 PHY and MAC layers specification. Since the radio embedded in the SiP is 802.15.4 (RF4CE, ZIgbee, etc) compliant, only those channels are to be used as defined by the IEEE.  Why would you like to change them anyway?

Also, what do you need to modify from the MAC layer? Maximum packet length is also defined by the IEEE but you can always send less bytes if necessary. There is no need to modify the MAC layer at all for that. You could simply set the packet length in software and send the bytes needed.

I hope this helps. Have a nice day.

Angel

0 Kudos
daweiyou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thx, Juan and Angel.

I will double check the real requirments.

0 Kudos
jc_pacheco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dawai,

By standard, the Frequency deviation is fixed on 802.15.4 to 5MHz (250kbps), so it cannot be modified.

What do you mean by changing the length? The length of a MAC packet's payload is set by the msduLength attribute's value. Not sure if that's what you were looking for.

i.e. mpPacket->msgData.dataReq.msduLength = u8msgLength;  where u8msgLength is selected by the user.