how to use the "debug" and "release" module with the "manage configurations"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use the "debug" and "release" module with the "manage configurations"

dugg
Contributor II

how to use the KDS ->progect_>c/c++ build->manage configuration  for debug and realease?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello du gg,

Usually, "Debug" includes some debugging information , and compiler not optimized. When

develop and debug use this version.

"Release " get rid of the debugging information,enable optimizations, binary file size is smaller。

Once everything works, you can download the release version into chip.

While we can also configure them by ourselves, for example optimization level, linker file .

About detail information , you also can have a look at this thread:

Debug vs. Release? | MCU on Eclipse 

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dugg
Contributor II

hello Alice_yang,

thanks for your answer.

i have Creates a new configuration named  "release'' based on the existing configuration named "debug".when i create a symbol in "release" model ,but it does not work .while ,when i create a symbol in debug model ,it both work in release and debug model.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

Could you please attach your project , also take a video or screenshot to show the steps that I can

reproduce your issue.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos