Contributor III

Target and tools:

MK60D10

KDS 3.2.0

KDSK 2.0

FreeRTOS

PNE Cyclone or Multilink

GDB/Eclipse debug plugin version 2.85

Debugging works fine as long as RTOS scheduler not started.  Then when manually halting or if a breakpoint is reached debug session terminates.  Any ideas?

Shane

16 Replies

shanescott
Contributor III

This question has been mistakenly marked as "ASSUMED ANSWERED"?  Should I start a new post or is it still being worked on?

Shane  

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your reply.
I am not sure why this thread was in assume answered status but don't worry, this thead is in my monitor list, thus I will receive your update each time.

I just used the same project in my previous video to test "resume" button and then the "suspend" button. it works well in the first loop, but fail in the second. see my video, Is this the exact problem you had?

Best Regards,

Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

shanescott
Contributor III

Not exactly the same.   Your system appears to hang on the second time through.  Mine automatically terminates the first time a "suspend" command is given.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

This problem was escalated to P&E issue, If I got any update, will let you know.
Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I got feedback from P&E support

"

We have successfully replicated and confirmed the issue with this KSDK Build 
and the defect has been logged. The issue will be addressed in a future release 
of the plugin.

"

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi.

Just FYI, I  have a customer met quite similar problem as yours and he fixed the problem by install p&e update. now the latest version is 2.9.0

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

shanescott
Contributor III

Hi Jennie,

Thanks for pointing out the update.  I did install it but the problem still exists.

Shane

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

-To test if the problem is because of the old association, How it works if you test the same project in a brand new workspace?

-To test if the problem is associated with a specific project, how it works with another project?

-To test if the problem is associated with any stop mode, how it works you disable all the stop/sleep mode in your code?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

shanescott
Contributor III

Same project in new workspace = same problem.

New SDK2.x project in new workspace = same problem.

Stop/sleep modes in all cases are not modified from default.

also, just to reiterate It works fine when halting if RTOS is not running or if a breakpoint is reached in an interrupt ISR.  The problem seems to only happen when stopping in a RTOS task including the idle task.

Shane 

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Shane,

Thanks.

From my view to help on this issue further we need reproduce the problem on my side.

Can I reproduce this issue with KSDK demo code? if yes, can you please specify which demo I should use and how to reproduce?

do you use our demo board or your selfdesigned board? if demo board, which part number?

thanks!

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

shanescott
Contributor III

Hi Jennie,

I have been using my board but since you asked I have replicated the issue with a tower board.

Starting with a new workspace choose file->new->kinetis sdk2.x project.

Select board as TWR-K60D100M.  Select "all drivers" and "FreeRTOS"

Now the project is built but it must be modified by removing the  call to "BOARD_InitDebugConsole();" 

Otherwise it will hang on startup at this point:

HardFault_Handler:
         ldr r0,=HardFault_Handler
         bx r0
         .size HardFault_Handler, . - HardFault_Handler

With the call removed the project will run but terminates if halted:  

<terminated>testproj2_Debug_PNE [GDB PEMicro Interface Debugging]
<terminated, exit value: 0>C:\Freescale\KDS_v3\eclipse\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne_2.3.6.201602211227\win32\pegdbserver_console
<terminated, exit value: 0>arm-none-eabi-gdb

Shane

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Shane,

Please don't use TWR-K60D100M as target when creating a new project.

Use chip part number instead.

see attached video. there is no error for creating a new project and step over code.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

shanescott
Contributor III

Hi Jennie,

For some reason my "new project" wizard is not quite the same as yours.  If I select the same icon as you show, it looks like this:

pastedImage_1.jpg

In order to see the option for KDSK2.0 projects I have to use the "file->new" menu which looks like this:

pastedImage_2.jpg

This does allow me to select a device instead of the Tower:

pastedImage_3.jpg

but I still get the crash on halting.

Also, Your video does not show the situation I am seeing because you are stepping up to the point where the RTOS scheduler is started but not past it.  To duplicate my issue just select the "resume" button and then the "suspend" button.

Shane

0 Kudos

shanescott
Contributor III

Hi Erich,

Thanks for the response.  As mentioned above I do have version 2.8.5 of the plugin.  I did try the link you provided but it will not update because the version is already latest found.

Shane

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shane,

does

-kernel=none

help? If yes, I think this should be reported to P&E.

Erich

0 Kudos

shanescott
Contributor III
-kernel=none 

Does not help.  Still terminates when halting.

Shane

0 Kudos